The Spanish Society of Cosmetic Chemists (SEQC) is a non-profit scientific society that gathers a broad and multidisciplinary group of professionals working in the field of Cosmetics and Perfumery.
The aims of the SEQC are:
- To advance the scientific and technical development of Cosmetics and Perfumery in Spain.
- To encourage education and to foster research in Cosmetic Sciences and related sciences.
- To collaborate with other institutions and with the Government on any issues related to the industry of Cosmetics and Perfumery.
- To promote an open forum of networking and information among the professionals and among the companies related to Cosmetics and Perfumery.
- To facilitate the dissemination and interchange of knowledge about Cosmetic and related sciences.
- To organise periodically conferences, seminars and other activities on all matters related to the profession.
- To provide the means to update the knowledge and address any queries from its members.
The activities of the SEQC are governed by a Board whose positions are individually elected by all members for a term of four years. The magazine of the society is NCP: Noticias de Cosmética y Perfumería, which is distributed to all members free of charge, and aims to disseminate the latest news, scientific and technical events, legislation, etc. The SEQC has a library that acquires regularly the most relevant books and magazines in the field of Cosmetic Sciences.